We're 100% Occupied!
Please complete the "Contact Us" form HERE to join our Interest List.
A-Mill Artist Lofts participates in an affordable housing program. The household income is based on GROSS annual income (before any deductions) earned from all sources including; wages, social security payments, public assistance, pensions, annuities, interest income, dividends, stocks, bonds, insurance settlements, recurring gifts from family/friends, lottery winnings, etc. The property has a minimum household income requirement of 2.5 times the monthly rent amount to qualify. Third party verification will be required of all income and copies of tax returns and pay stubs may be required. Total household income must be UNDER the following limits based on household size:
- 1 Occupant: $42,000
- 2 Occupants: $48,000
- 3 Occupants: $54,000
- 4 Occupants: $60,000
- 5 Occupants: $64,800
- 6 Occupants: $69,600
- 7 Occupants: $74,400
- 8 Occupants: $79,200
In order to apply for an apartment loft, you must be an artist and meet the following requirements:
At least one member of the household must demonstrate a commitment to their art form in order to qualify for residency. The creation of one’s work does NOT have to be the source of income for the individual or the family in order to qualify. To qualify as an artist you must submit an on-line artist application that will be reviewed by a committee of artists. Application includes:
- Resume, references and portfolio
- History of your creative work
- Long-term creative and career goals
- Desire to engage in a creative community
Some examples of artists include:
- Fine Artists: Painting, drawing, sculpting, book art and print making
- People Who Create Imaginative Works: Aesthetic literature, costume designers, photography, music composition and architecture
- Functional & Craft Artists: Jeweler, potter, chef, quilt maker, silk screener, carpet maker, furniture maker, and toy designer
- Performers: Singers, musicians, dancers, actors and performance artists
- Media Artists: Radio, film, television, multi-media, cyber-art, gaming and animation
- Design Artists: Graphic and web design, interior design, aesthetic design, package design and set design
NOTE: Households comprised of all full-time students do not qualify for tax credit (affordable) housing. If there are students in the household, at least one member of the household must be a part-time student. Student status is based on the calendar year, not the move-in date. If you/your household members are students, please contact the Management Office for more details.
To maintain the integrity of the community, credit, criminal and rental background checks are conducted on all applicants. Pricing and availability are subject to change | Sq. ft. listed is an approximate value for each unit.